Saudee's Health, Safety & Environmental Policy
- It is the policy of Saudee to provide a safe and healthy work environment for all employees and others while maintaining compliance with legislation related to occupational health and safety.
- Every employee will be held accountable to adhere to the regulations under the Occupational Health and Safety Act as well as company policies and programmes. Any violations will be recorded and addressed.
- Our commitment includes continuous improvement of the health, safety and environment management system, through the constant reminder of the organisation about the importance of compliance with the requirements of health and safety system, to protect our company, our employees, contractors and others.
- We are also committed to reduce environmental burden of waste generation to air, water and land.
It is Saudee’s policy to do everything possible to ensure that each employee and others work in a safe and healthy environment, as follows:
- To maintain safe and healthy working conditions, provide and maintain plant, equipment and machinery, and to ensure safe storage, handling and transport of material.
- To prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health and provide adequate control of health and safety risks arising from work activities.
- Assess the risk to the health and safety of anyone who may be affected by the work activities.
- To provide training, instruction and supervision to all workers and others.
- Maintain two-way communication in order to ensure all provided information can be accessed by everyone.
Our employees’ rights are strictly protected and respected.
We adhere to the Employment Act 1955, Employment Regulations 1957, Children and Young Persons (Employment) Act 1966, and Employment (Restriction) Act 1968. Saudee prohibits the use of forced, bonded or otherwise illegal labour. We meet, and often exceed, wage requirements and local family leave laws. We recognise workers’ freedom to associate with each other and organise. We encourage constructive communications among team members at all levels, without fear of reprisal, regarding issues that impact their jobs or the company. Anyone can report suspected illegal, unethical or unsafe activity confidentially and anonymously.
Environment, Health and Safety Committee
In addition to overseeing that Saudee complies with government regulations, the committee has systems in place to identify, track, report and improve workplace issues and minimize hazardous conditions. The committee consists of top management, managers and executives. The committee meets on a quarterly basis to review health and safety concerns.
Emergency Response Team (ERT)
Saudee’s ERT comprises of 30 employees from the Group. They are designated to respond in the event of an emergency. Relevant training programmes such as fire safety, CPR and hazard awareness are continuously provided to ERT. Together with the systems in place, ERT can directly address certain emergencies for the safety and wellbeing of the Saudee family.
These are some of the measures that were carried out to address health and safety issues.
Equip and replenish appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) for employees
Conducting safety programmes which include fire prevention, firefighting and rescue training
Installed an advanced Sistem Pengawasan Kebakaran Automatik (“SPKA”) system requirement
Occupational first aid training for employees to give effective life support, assess and treat work-related injuries or illness, and co-ordinate first aid in the workplace in compliance with the requirements of our EHS Policy
Promoting safety awareness by conducting a thorough workplace risk assessment
Providing health and safety training which includes video and a quick test during induction session so that newcomers are familiar with health and safety issues
Conducting chemical handling programmes to to ensure a safe, healthy and conducive working environment
Responding to Covid-19
In FYE2021, Malaysia’s Ministry of Health, in its continuing effort to contain the spread of the Covid-19 pandemic, enforced various Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). At Saudee, we responded swiftly and accordingly. Saudee adopted many Covid-19 preventive measures in order to safeguard employees’ and visitors’ health. Here are some of the SOPs which were executed in all our workplaces to mitigate the risk of infection.
- Registration of names and mobile numbers through MySejahtera before entering premises
- Making sure everyone wears a mask all the time
- Body temperature screening
- Hand sanitisers and face masks were provided
- Social distancing enforced in office